Wednesday 19 February 2014

Bright Pink and Orange Leopard Print


Hello everyone!

Today I have a very bright leopard print mani for you!
I was a bit sick of the bad weather, the cold, and all the rain in my country, so I decided to do a very bright leopard design to cheer me up!

These are the colours I used:

Black on Black - Sinful Colors
Mate 01 - D'Orleac
The Pinky And The Brain - Catrice

I started off by painting my nails in the base colour - orange or pink, depending on which nail.


I'm a bit dissapointed in The Pinky And The Brain, I found that it doesn't cover well at all...
I got this polish for free in a promotion, and I already have a really similar bright pink, so it's not a tragedy that this one doesn't cover well, but I was still quite surprised. I needed 4 coats to hide visible nail line...

For the orange polish I needed 3 coats to get full coverage.

After I had applied the base colour, I just made small random spots in either orange or pink with my dotting tool. I let everything dry, and then I made the black lines with a small brush.


And that's it!
I topped everything off with a shiny topcoat. The orange polish is actually a matte polish, but I love it a lot when it's shiny as well (and well, since I have no non-matte orange polish yet, this one has to do for now).


I'm thinking of renaming my blog to "rexxx does leopard print" haha, I do so many leopard print designs. But I can't help it, I just absolutely adore leopard print on my nails!

Hope you like my nails as much as I do and thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. These look fab, I love leopard print and I sooo want to try the heart leopard print version too! You are so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much, your comment has really made my day! (or well, evening, since it's almost 8 pm where I live haha)

      Delete
  2. This is so nice! I love the colour combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, pink and orange are amazing together!

      Delete
  3. Your nails are so long! Beautiful! We love leopard print too - sometimes it seems like all we can think of are new leopard colours! E&J.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, one of my nails broke off yesterday *massive sobbing* But luckily it was a nail from my right hand! And leopard print is just awesome :D

      Delete
  4. What pretty looks this model :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, your comment definitely went through, so no worries! Thanks a lot for the award, this is so fun! I'm definitely going to do this myself as soon as I have some time to pick seven random but interesting facts about me haha :) And let's not forget, when I have the time to limit all the amazing blogs I follow to 15...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how the colors all match together :)
    I really like this nail art, thanks for sharing it with us!

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)